Saturday, November 22, 2008

Song by Mac yesterday while he was quietly searching through books in Addie's room:





"One little, two little spiders jumping on the web.


One fell off and bumped his head.


Daddy called the doctor and the doctor said:


'No more spiders jumping on the spider web!'"





I cracked up!





He's in a language explosion this week. Here's a few gems:





at 5;30 this morn when he woke up and began talking, I asked "what?" his response: "I'm just talking to myself, mom!"





opening a card from Aunt Paula: "oh my goodness!" (in the exact same tone I use...)





talking to Binjin, who was worried about something and we were trying to get her to lay on her bed: "It's okay. I'm here. I'll keep you safe from Morgan (a little girl at school that has been pushing him). You can lay down. I'll stay right here. I'm here."





and in bed tonight, I always lay with him for a few minutes, and we've been putting lotion on our hands and massaging them. I hurt my finger a few weeks ago and it's still swollen. I have been showing him how massaging it may help the swelling. As he was very precisely massaging my finger, he said "I'm being very gentle with your body mama." (that's what I have been saying to him about how he can interact with Adeline) "I'm helping get the swelling out! " Again, too cute!





And little miss addie is still quite the sleeper. I see why people must have thought curt and I were freaks and exaggerators when we talked about Mac's (lack of) sleep. Seriously. She fell asleep last night at 8:00, woke at 3:00 t0 nurse, then slept until 8:00. That's 12 hours, people! I don't think Mac has ever, in his entire life slept 12 hours (almost) straight. Amazing. Hopefully our extended trip to Wisconsin for Thanskgiving won't blow the whole thing! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.





And we can't forget to wish our little sweetie a happy 4 month birthday today!





Finally, I love Wisconsin, but it's supposed to be ZERO degrees tomorrow. yuck. It will be fun, but I will be wishing I was here:
(Costa Rica)

No comments: