Monday, October 5, 2009

Curt's Birthday

Happy Birthday Curt! 38 amazing years. We are so lucky!Mac is all about the cake.
It's a baseball, in keeping with the theme.

Addie, loving the cake.


We celebrated Curt's birthday yesterday at the Mariner's game in Seattle. Drove up just for the day. Thankfully, the kiddos slept both on the way up and the way back, so we got off really easy. It was Kids Day, possibly Ken Griffey Jr.'s last game, the last game of the regular season, and a beautiful day. Addie was a maniac in the stands... trying to climb all over. She and I spent a long time walking around. I also didn't think it would be sunny in Seattle, so I didn't pack sunscreen or a hat. Tried to get her to wear Mac's Cougs hat, but she wanted nothing to do with that.



Vickie, Lisa and Edwin enjoying the game.




Mac and Curt. "Ich-i-ro!"
We got Curt the Birthday package, which included a Happy Birthday message on the Jumbotron. Our seats in the bleachers meant we were directly under the Jumbotron, but Curt still got to see his message. I, on the other hand, being slightly clueless about baseball (messages happened at the end of the second inning, but I wasn't paying much attention) and completely focused on keeping Adeline from flinging herself over the front of the seat in front of us, missed it. Darn! I wanted a picture!


Mac thought the mascots at the beginning were hilarious. Of course, when we tried to go see the Mariner Moose, he hid behind my leg.




The mascots. Teams spend a lot of money on these things, so I guess it's good they can "visit" other stadiums too. Look right in the middle, it a clam. Can't remember who that was for, but I think it's funny!








No comments: